Blog | From The Heat And Air Experts - 5 Tips To Assist You Staying Cool & Saving Money On Air Conditioning Costs
5 Tips To Assist You Staying Cool & Saving Money On Air Conditiong Costs
Oklahoma's summer heat is upon us, is your air conditioner ready? Air conditioners have become more of a necessity than a luxury item in Oklahoma. However, cooling a home has become more and more expensive. Every year summer seems to get here earlier and stay longer than the previous year. This creates more demand from consumers and newer regulations make producing power more expensive. In the long run, it's you, the end user, who has to keep paying more year after year. That is why it is so crucial to keep your air conditioning system running at full efficiency.
From Tulsa Logic - The Heat And Air Experts Here are 5 tips to assist your air conditioning costs
- Schedule Air Conditioner Inspection & Service. The number one item that can significantly increase monthly bills is an inefficient air conditioner. Do more than just simple DIY projects such as changing a filter, cleaning coils, etc... Schedule a thorough air conditioning system inspection and complete service to reveal problems so you are ensured a worry-free, cool summer.
- Home Energy Assessment. Checking windows and doors to ensure they seal tightly is a great way to reduce energy loss. Inspecting and cleaning all filters and vents to make sure air flow is unrestricted. Check or hire a professional to make sure attic insulation is modern, in good condition and meets today's proper guidelines and depths. Avoid using high wattage incandescent type bulbs and switch to cooler running LED bulbs.
- Programmable Thermostats. If you haven't already installed a programmable thermostat, we highly recommend doing this ASAP! This will allow you to set your heat and air temperatures to conform to your lifestyle. The air conditioning system will operate more when you are at home and less when you are away. This assists in reducing wear and tear on your heat and air system while lowering utility costs and saving energy.
- Fans are a must. Whether it be ceiling fans or floor fans, improving air circulation within your home enhances the flow of cooler air throughout your home and reduces air conditioner run time and increases monthly savings.
- Window Coverings. Heat conduction is often overlooked but is a great way to tackle high energy consumption and costs. Whether you choose indoor coverings such as blinds, shades and/or draperies OR outdoor enhancements such as awnings, shutters or window tint... these heat blocking options can compliment your decor and lower energy consumption and costs.